Our South Windsor Summer Program at the Performing Arts Programs Studio filled up so fast, we're adding a second week so no one misses out.
Now there's another week to experience three high-energy intensives packed into a week of theatrical fun!
TWO WEEKS AVAILABLE!
June 25 – June 29, 2018
July 9 – July 13, 2018
Performing Arts Programs Studio
1732 Ellington Road, South Windsor CT
with a performance on stage
at the East Hartford Community Cultural Center
Three Exciting Intensives:
Acting • Musical Theater • Performance
9:00am–3:00pm • Ages 6-12
- Three daily intensives: Acting, Musical Theater/Movement, and Performance Technique.
- HD video observation of the class via your laptop or smart device.
- Photos of the class, uploaded to Flickr to share with participants and family.
- Monday–Thursday at the heart of Performing Arts Programs: Performing Arts Programs Studio in South Windsor.
- Rehearsal and performance at the East Hartford Community Cultural Center's auditorium on Friday.
Musical Theater & Movement
- Introduction to what actors do, why we play games, and basic theater terminology
- Games that emphasize teamwork, energy, creativity, and self-expression
- Lessons in the fundamentals of acting technique and character development
- Introduction to musical theater as an art form
- Learning the connection between character, story, and music
- Emphasis on learning the basics of blocking (stage movement) and dance, and learning to combine the two into one seamless performance
- Prepare a variety-show performance featuring acting and music
- Introduction to performance technique and rehearsal preparation
- Put skills learned in class into practice with a performance at the East Hartford Community Cultural Center
- Register for the three intensives (Acting, Musical Theater, Performance Tech) for either June 25–29 or July 9–13.
- Stack all three intensives (Acting, Musical Theater, Performance Tech) for $255!
- If interested in registering for only one intensive, please call 860-432-9890.
Back to Studio Home